Yes, there are plenty of Classic Hardcore Guilds popping up and the “Iron Man” Challenge has been a thing for awhile now!
Let’s be honest, not everyone has the time or patience to dive in totally hardcore so it makes sense that Casually Casual Cast makes a Casual Version of this famous challenge!
Being that this is my first time trying a challenge like this let alone trying to structure rules around a challenge like this, I think I will keep it on the simple side for this first round.
I have looked over some of the “Iron-Man Rules” and there seems to be ALOT of them. I think being that this is my first try at it, I will keep the rules simple and if we need to re-evaluate them we can.
Here are the rules I think make sense to start with.
It is hard for me to know how OP certain aspects of the game can make this run too easy without giving it a try at least once. The basic iron man rules I am using as a starting place can be found here: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ironman_Challenge
Rules for Round 1:
Starts April 1st with the half way check in for survivors to be done on May 1st to see who is still active and the final check in for the winner will be June 1, 2023 !
On May 1st we will see if any of us are left standing at our first check point. This is not a race to 70 (although we can try that in the future of we want) , but a nice check point to see where our IronToons are at and discuss our experiences, possible tweaks, hilarious moments, haw many times we have had to start over, all of the above with the winner being the Level 70 who is standing on June 1st, 2023. If there is a tie we will use the Iron Toon Challenge registry channel to see who died the least through out the adventure and they will be crowned the winner!
- All gear employed must be acquired in game via normal routes (crafted, doing content, or purchasing) NO Heirlooms of any sort.
- No transfer of gear, items, or money from any other character (yours or others).
- No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
- You must be a member of the Clutchmates Proudmoore Alliance Guild and discord.
- No Recruit-A-Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
- THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
- Toons must start at level 1 and make it to level 70 to win!
- All mounts
- All bags/containers
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs)
- You may pick, train your professions, and level them up accordingly
- Please download this addon via curse forge to use with out Iron Toon Runs. I havent messed around with it yet, but it seems like it may be helpful and fun to try as it adds in a point system for surviving certain tasks! https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hardcore-tracker
- Please take a screenshot of each new toon you make when they are level one and when they die in the Iron-toon Registering Channel https://discord.gg/rdHUGhUx8k so we can keep track of who is who and who is participating and how many times a participants toon has died and been disqualified. You need to be a member of the Guild in the Iron Toon guild rank to make sure you are part of the contest 🙂 in our Clutchmates Discord so we can: keep track of who died, how many times a participant had to start over, who is participating in the challenge and keep track of each of our journeys!
- How to win? Be the level 70 who made it by June 1 2023! What if there are more than one level 70 standing? Then we can award the Participant who had to recreate their toon the least amount of times according to our toon log being kept in discord and the guild member log. (you have to join the guild at level one and be placed in the iron toon rank. )
- The prize will be: bragging rights, the winner can have their own rank in the Guild and design the Guild Tabard to whatever they want until a second run finishes and the winner of the second run takes over, and a pet off the store blizzard store too.